Ransomware – Reducing Your Risk
Ransomware continues to plague individuals and businesses of all sizes and in all industries and represents one of the biggest security threats we face today. Yet few are taking the steps necessary to reduce the risk associated with the potential loss of data and the risk of a ransomware attack being considered a breach of confidential information. In this course, you will learn how you can implement an effective system of control in order to mitigate the risk that you will become yet another victim of ransomware.
Imagine turning on your computer one day to find that all of your data files have been encrypted, but a criminal holds the key necessary for you to regain access to and use of these files. This is the classic definition of ransomware, an attack that affects hundreds of thousands of computers each year. Don’t take the unnecessary chance that you will be impacted by this form of attack. Learn the best practices for reducing the chances that your data is held hostage along with key recovery tactics in the event your preventive efforts fail.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Define “ransomware” and identify the risks it poses to you professionally and personally;
- List the top methods by which this malware infects an individual computer or a network; and
- Implement control methods to help reduce your risk of becoming another victim of an attack.
Major Topics Covered
- What is ransomware and how does it spread
- How ransomware can cripple a business
- Specific steps you can take to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim
- What you should do if you become a victim
- CPE Credit: Recommended for 1 Hour of Information Technology
- Instructional delivery method: QAS Self Study
- Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of basic computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should attend: Business professionals seeking to enhance the security of their sensitive data by reducing the risks associated with ransomware.
- Cost: $39.00