Intuit announced today that the Trial Balance feature available in QuickBooks Online Accountant is being discontinued effective May 31, 2019. Earlier this year, Intuit introduced the Prep for taxes feature as a tool to replace the Trial Balance. If you have access to QuickBooks Online Accountant, you can use Prep for taxes to identify issues in your clients’ books and to map your clients’ trial balance into ProConnect Tax Online, Intuit’s Cloud-based tax software.
If you have been using the Trial Balance feature, you should make plans now to access and backup your files; they will not be accessible after May 31, 2019. To access and backup your data, perform the following steps.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online Accountant account
- Once you are logged in, access one of your client’s accounts
- Enter intuit.com/app/legacytrialbalance into your browser and press Enter to access the legacy Trial Balance feature
- Ensure the tax year listed at the top of the page matches the tax year you want to archive
- Click the Finish review button near the upper, right corner of the window
- Select Archive to ZIP in the drop-down list of options
As a reminder, after May 31, 2019, you will not be able to access and archive your Trial Balance data.