K2's Advanced Excel Reporting - Best Practices, Tools, & Techniques
If you need to build advanced Excel reports, including reports where the source data resides in your accounting software or another database, then this program should be at the top of your CPE list! In this session, you will learn how to connect Excel to external data sources, such as your accounting software database, to extract data for reporting and analysis. Additionally, you will learn how to incorporate PivotTables into your reporting routines. Further, you will learn how to add extend the usefulness of your PivotTables through the following three techniques.
- Adding user-defined calculations to your PivotTables
- Grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods
- Filter your PivotTables using Slicers
You will also learn best practices for presenting compelling and captivating Excel-based reports and charts, and how to use Excel add-ins to streamline and automate many of the manual processes associated with building Excel-based reports. In sum, if you generate financial or operational reports in Excel, you cannot afford to miss this program!
Many accounting and financial professionals spend far too much time in Excel accessing and converting financial data into useful reports. If there is the chance you may not be taking full advantage of all that Excel has to offer as a reporting tool, then you should make plans to participate in this program.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Link and import data from external databases – including multi-table databases – into Excel
- Use Tables and PivotTables to create accurate financial reports and analyses
- List and apply Excel shortcuts for formatting financial reports
- Implement Excel templates to improve reporting productivity
- Identify opportunities to work with third-party tools to streamline reporting in Excel
CPE Credits: Recommended for 4 Hours of Accounting
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.
Prerequisites: Strong working knowledge of Excel 2007 or newer
Program Level: Advanced
Advance Preparation: None
Designed For: Accounting and business professionals who use Excel for reporting and want to reduce the risk of errors, simplify reporting processes, and improve the quality of reports. The program focuses on Excel for Windows, but some of the features can also be found in Excel for Mac.