K2’s Microsoft Power BI – Power Reporting for Free!
Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop puts business intelligence in your hands! Offered as a free tool, Power BI allows you to create compelling reports in mere minutes. Participate in this session to embark upon a guided tour of linking data into Power BI, creating stunning and powerful visualizations, and building interactive reports, all with the free version of Power BI. Additionally, you will learn how you can extend these capabilities with a Power BI Pro subscription.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between various levels of Power BI
- Differentiate between tiles, reports, and dashboards in Power BI
- List the steps for creating a Power BI report
- Identify options for sharing Power BI components with others
Major Topics Covered
- Understanding the importance of business intelligence efforts and the characteristics of successful business intelligence initiatives
- Differentiating between various Power BI offerings, including Power BI Desktop and Power BI Pro
- Identifying the similarities and differences between business intelligence efforts based in Excel and those based in Power BI
- A step-by-step approach to building business intelligence reports and dashboards using Power BI
CPE Credits: Recommended for 2 Hours of Computer Science and Applications
Instructional Delivery Method: On-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Designed For: Accountants and business professionals seeking to enhance reporting using business intelligence tools, including Microsoft Power BI Desktop.