K2's Microsoft Word Tips and Tricks
Like most Microsoft Word users, you can get through the basics of creating a document and applying some formatting characteristics without issue. But, do you use Word Styles or Quick Parts? Do you know how to generate a Table of Contents automatically from a document? Can you insert Excel-like formulas into Word Tables? If your answer to any one of these questions is “no,” then don’t miss this opportunity to improve your knowledge, skill, and productivity in using Microsoft Word.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
Identify key features for entering, editing, and formatting data, including Styles;
- Use the Navigation Pane to navigate or rearrange a document quickly and easily;
- Describe various methods for selecting text in a Word document;
- Define Quick Parts and Building Blocks and how to use them effectively;
- Integrate Excel content with Word documents;
- Use charts, SmartArt, and screenshots to communicate more effectively; and
- Describe how to create and format Tables.
Major Topics Covered
- Working with Styles, Word’s best feature
- Shortcuts for selecting and formatting text
- Using Word and Excel in tandem
- Creating visualizations in Word
- Working effectively with Tables in Word
CPE Credits: Recommended for 2 Hours of Computer Software and Applications
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS On-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel
Program Level: Advanced
Advance Preparation: None
Designed For: Accountants and business professionals seeking to utilize data models in Excel to enhance their financial and operational reporting processes. Note, the content of this program is targeted to those running Excel 2013 or newer (including through Office 365 accounts) on a Windows-based PC.