K2's Cloud Computing
The Future is Here!
“Cloud Computing.” You’ve heard the term, but what does it really mean and how does it impact you both personally and professionally? In this seminar, you will learn the fundamentals of computing in the Cloud , including what Cloud computing really is and what it is not. More importantly, you will learn necessary skills to determine if this technology is right for you. Additionally, during the seminar you will learn how to migrate to Cloud-based solutions and how to avoid the major pitfalls along the way.
Throughout this program, you will see leading solutions from major Cloud providers in action in real-world situations. A special focus of this seminar is the impact that Cloud computing has on the accounting profession, regardless of whether you work in public accounting, industry, or for governmental, educational, or not-for-profit institutions. Don’t miss this chance to learn about this exciting new wave of technology and the potential for you to improve information services within your organization while improving efficiency and driving down costs!
CPE Credit: Recommended for 8 hours Information Technology
Instructional delivery method: Group-live demo and discussion using color computer projection
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of computer operations and terminology, including Microsoft Office Excel
Program level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Accountants and other business professionals who want to learn more about the potential benefits and risks associated with Cloud computing
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define “Cloud computing” and distinguish between various Cloud computing services
- Determine if Cloud computing is right for your organization
- Identify the major Cloud computing vendors and the key solutions provided by major vendors
- Create a road map for selecting a Cloud-based solution and migrating to it
- Recognize the potential pitfalls associated with Cloud-based solutions – such as security and data availability – and identifying means of avoiding these hazards
- Establish an appropriate strategy for storing data in the Cloud