September 12, 2018 – K2 Enterprises has released their annual technology awards for 2018.
The K2 Quality Awards are in their seventeenth year and the are among the most well respected and longest standing awards in the Accounting industry. Randy Johnston, Shareholder and VP at K2 Enterprises was quite pleased “I’m amazed at the pace of innovation among the award winners this year. There are many new comers to the list as well as great progress made by long term providers to the accounting profession. Any one of the vendors named have solutions that can help you our your client’s business.” according to Johnston.
In 2015, K2 Enterprises added a new overall award called the Prime award. Each year this award is given to one and only one company that fits the criteria below. If it is deemed that no company fits the criteria, then no award will be given. The Prime award is given to a company that is leading in almost every category listed below.
The following are key considerations used in voting for the Prime award:
• Reasonable management goals and expectations
• Long term stability in the accounting market
• Clear and honest communication with employees and market influencers
• High quality products
• Top shelf customer support
• Significant commitment to product development and product improvement
• Great management vision and direction for both current and future plans
K2 Enterprises would like to congratulate Doc.It, Inc. as the recipient of the 2018 Prime award.
“Doc.IT has made more progress on its document management suite in the last two years than some of its competitors have made in the last twenty years.”, said Brian Tankersley, Director of Strategic Relationships for K2 Enterprises. “Doc.IT has expanded their product line with new solutions, added a powerful integrated mobile application, made significant changes to the application architecture, and launched sales in the United Kingdom – all in just two short years. I can think of no other company which has accomplished so much for its customers in such a short period of time.”
Awards by Category
“A sincere congratulation to all the winners. A few surprised me. There is a lot of innovation going on right now around machine learning and AI. While K2 Enterprises is not a PC Magazine size organization, winning one of our awards is no easy feat. Each year our teaching team is in front of tens of thousands of accountants and we hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Our votes are based on our experience and feedback from attendees. We have always prided ourselves in taking the consumer advocate role.“ said Val Steed, CEO – K2 Enterprises.
K2 Enterprises Annual Quality Awards are determined by a voting poll of the K2 Enterprises instructor team. The polling members of this team are Randy Johnston, Val Steed, Brian Tankersley, Tommy Stephens, Lawrence (Mac) McClelland, Ward Blatch, Steven Phelan, and Steven Yoss.
2018 Categories and Winners:
• Best Overall Mobile Strategy – Doc.It Mobile – Doc.IT Software
• Best New Mobile App – 1Tap Receipts – Receipt Bank
• Reseller Program – Acumatica
• CPA Program – Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor – Intuit
• Reseller Channel – Open Systems
• New Product – Endpoint Protection – Barkly
• Management Strategy – AbacusNext
• Technical Support – Vantage Unified
• Customer Satisfaction – Zoho One – Zoho Corporation
• Ease of Use – BQE Core – BQE Software
• Marketing Communications – AccountantsWorld
• Overall Quality – Canon Scanners
• Tax Technology – Canopy Tax
• Audit Technology – TeamMate Analytics – Wolters Kluwer
• Practice Management Technology – CCH Axcess Data Insights – Wolters Kluwer
• Business Intelligence Solution – Power BI – Microsoft
• Workflow Solution – XCM Workflow – XCM Solutions
• Small Business Accounting Solution – Zoho Books – Zoho Corporation
• Small CPA Firm Solution – Right Networks
• Entry-Level Accounting Upgrade – Acumatica
• Top Hosting Provider – Cetrom
• Social Media – Rachel Norvelle – Sage
• Cloud Power Solution – Sage Intacct – Sage
• Cloud Ease of Use – Office 365 – Microsoft
• Cloud Top Shelf Award – QuickBooks Online – Intuit
• Cloud New Product – Teams – Microsoft
• Cloud Portal –ShareFile – Citrix
2018 PRIME AWARD – Doc.It Software
About K2 Enterprises
K2 Enterprises is a Hammond, Louisiana based organization that provides continuing professional education services to the accounting profession and marketing consulting services to technology providers in the accounting market. K2 Enterprises delivers approximately 700 educational programs to over 30,000 professional accountants on an annual basis throughout the United States and Canada.
K2 team votes are influenced by end user feedback and experience from consulting and extensive teaching. Detailed biographies on each of the polled members can be found at https://www.k2e.com/team.
Contact: Casey Sims