K2's Advanced Excel
If you are an experienced Excel user seeking to elevate your skills, join the K2 team for K2’s Advanced Excel. This session draws from over twenty-five years of experience in delivering Excel training to accountants and other business professionals. As a result, you will find the content of this session to be both timely and relevant.
By participating in this session, you will learn critical advanced Excel skills in six key areas.
1) How to collaborate with others and secure your workbooks
2) Using tables to analyze and report data
3) Working with data from external sources
4) The best ways to create and audit complex formulas
5) Advanced data analysis tools
6) Visualization techniques to analyze and communicate information
Additionally, throughout the program, relevant, real-world examples are used to reinforce the major topics presented. Therefore, you should make plans now to attend K2’s Advanced Excel for the opportunity to become more efficient and proficient in Excel. Notably, this course covers advanced Excel topics found in Excel 2007 and newer.
“Very effective presentation – great material & reference book.” D.M., CPA PA
“The most enjoyable and productive course I have ever taken to improve my technology and productivity skills.” M.G., CPA NH
CPE Credit: Recommended for 4 hours Accounting and 4 hours Computer Software and Applications
Instructional delivery method: Group-live demo and discussion using color computer projection – laptop friendly, with access to demonstration files. Program focuses on Excel for Windows, but many of the features can be found in Excel for Mac.
Prerequisites: Experienced Excel user
Program level: Advanced
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Business professionals who work with Excel 2007 or newer and want to extend their knowledge with advanced features and functions
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and implement the best techniques to secure sensitive information in Excel workbooks and collaborate with other users to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Create tables and take advantage of their advanced features, such as dynamic data ranges, structured reference formulas, and the ability to relate multiple tables together into a Data Model
- Import and link data into Excel from external sources – including text, Access, and SQL Server – and use advanced tools, such as Power Query and various cleanup tools to manipulate the data to meet specific needs
- Use advanced functions, such as SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, NETWORKDAYS, RAND, RANDBETWEEN, NPV, IRR, XNPV, and XIRR to create and audit complex formulas
- Analyze worksheet data using techniques such as Data Tables, Subtotals, Slicers, Filters, and PivotTables
- Describe techniques used to create, manipulate, and customize charts for analyzing and communicating information