K2's Excel Boot Camp
If you are ready for two days of intensive Excel training in a “laptop optional, laptop friendly” environment, then K2’s Excel Boot Camp is for you! By using accounting-centric examples, developed for accountants, by accountants, Excel Boot Camp takes you through Excel from A to Z. Participate in this course and you will elevate your use of Excel to the next level.
In addition to long-standing features in Excel such as lookup functions, the Camera tool, and formatting options, K2’s Excel Boot Camp will highlight the number of recent improvements to Excel. For example, you will learn about new functions, tables, a vastly improved charting engine, and an overhaul of PivotTable functionality. Additionally, you will learn various techniques for enhancing not only your efficiency, but also your effectiveness when working with Excel. Further, you will learn how to take advantage of a wide variety of “power features” to assist you in creating accurate spreadsheets in a fraction of the time previously required.
If you plan to take only one Excel course this year, make sure K2’s Excel Boot Camp is the one you choose!
“Great course. I wish I would have taken this years ago!” L.S. CPA MN
“I learned some great tips, tools & efficiencies.” R.M. CPA MN
CPE Credit: Recommended for 16 hours Computer Software and Applications
Instructional delivery method: Group-live demo and discussion using color computer projection – we encourage you to bring your laptop equipped with Excel 2013 or newer. Program focuses on Excel for Windows, but many of the features can be found in Excel for Mac.
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of Excel 2013 or newer
Program level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Excel users and potential Excel users who want to increase their efficiency and effectiveness with Excel
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Implement various tips, tricks, and techniques in Excel to address issues, such as formatting, AutoCorrect, handling dates and times, and selecting cells with special characteristics
- Utilize Excel’s formula-building tools
- Identify how and when Excel’s table feature should be used
- Create and audit complex formulas, including those containing arrays and SUMIFS, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH functions
- List and apply various techniques for securing Excel workbooks
- Create charts in Excel that captivate audiences and communicate messages effectively
- List the six components of PivotTables and create PivotTables, including PivotTables that perform user-defined calculations
- Implement Excel’s Camera function to assist in creating custom reports
- Utilize Excel’s Macro Recorder tool to create simple, yet very useful, macros that you can put to work right away