K2's Advanced Excel Data Magic - Managing, Analyzing, and Reporting
New Course for 2020!
With tools such as Data Models, Power Query, and Power Pivot, today’s versions of Excel offer unparalleled opportunities to move beyond traditional reporting techniques. If you are interested in how to advance your reporting processes and minimize your dependence on formulas, then this is the one class you cannot afford to miss.
In K2’s Advanced Excel Data Magic, you will learn about the importance of creating Data Models to facilitate your financial reporting processes and how you can use Power Pivot to assist in summarizing your data quickly and easily into compelling and interactive statements. You will also learn how to use Excel’s Power Query feature to both link and transform data from external data sources – such as your accounting or ERP system – into Excel so that you use this data in your reports.
CPE Credit: Recommended for 8 hours Accounting
Instructional delivery method: Group-live demonstration and discussion. This course is “laptop-friendly” and participants will have access to demonstration files. This course focuses on features found in Excel 2016 and newer for Windows.
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of Excel
Program level: Advanced
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: CPAs and other financial and business professionals who are seeking quicker and more accurate ways to prepare financial reports and summaries using Excel 2016 and newer
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the term “Data Model” and identify the steps for creating Data Models in Excel
- Identify the steps necessary to link data from external data sources into Excel using Power Query
- Create transformations in Power Query to facilitate simpler and more timely reporting
- List the key benefits associated with using Power Pivot to manage your Data Models
- Create PivotTables and PivotCharts to summarize your financial data into useful reports and statements